I haven’t officially done a product review before, but when something takes to you like the Almond Breeze Almond Milk, how can one resist.
A few years ago, I was drinking powdered almond milk as a warm and comforting drink, but had never thought of almond milk as a milk substitute. I have no issues with dairy and so have not needed to look elsewhere.
Then I stumbled upon the Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk and noticed that the ingredients are better than the powdered almond milks I had previously been drinking. Can’t taste good right? Wrong! It tastes pretty much the same as normal milk, perhaps a bit more bland which suits me perfectly. It goes super well with tea, coffee and hot cacao.
Here is why Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk is pretty awesome:
- It has less than half the calories of skim milk, making it great for the weight-conscious.
- It has a relatively bland taste, making it perfect to add to drinks as well as food and baking.
- It is made using almonds and is free from lactose, dairy, gluten and soy, making it easy to digest and a suitable for a lactose-intolerant individual.
- It is naturally low in sugar and carbohydrates, with no cholesterol and a low level of saturated fat. This makes it a great addition to a low cholesterol or diabetic-friendly diet.
- It’s very well priced milk-alternative. Yes, it isn’t fresh but it meets you half way.
My uses for Almond Breeze Almond Milk so far:
- To start the day, frothed almond milk in my milk frother with a shot of espresso
- After work, Rooibos tea with a teaspoon of honey and a dash of almond milk
- Before bed, half warm almond milk and half boiling water with a teaspoon of raw cacao
- In cooking, as a milk substitute for some soups (Try my Curried Cauliflower Soup)
- In baking, as a milk substitute for brownies and muffins (Try my Wazoogles Protein Brownies)
As I always say, moderation is key. If you usually drink a lot of milk everyday, try mixing it up. There’s no need to go one way or the other, but variety in our diets is essential.
No available coffee machine, pop into Knead Bakery for an Almond Breeze Cappuccino – how exciting!
Please note that this is an unbiased review, and I have not been sponsored by any of the mentioned brands.